Jaihoon’s thoughts & notes during Holy Quran commentary lectures by Simsarul Haq Hudawi
November 28 2008
• The challenge of faith is that it is based on a hidden aspect. Fearing Allah while He is out of immediate presence is the test of a believer’s faith. And Paradise is the prize for such a belief. A believer is conscious of His Creator in private and public domains of life
• The knowledge of Allah penetrates all barriers. It is more apt to say that facts seek His permission before they raise their heads from ignorance. Time proceeds to the next moment blessed by His knowledge. Allah knows an event before it occurs; such is the implication of Allah’s name ‘Al Khabeer’.
• Allah has subdued the earth for man. This gives man the confidence to build towers and dig canals on the planet. Man fails to appreciate this great blessing of the Creator.
• Man should put his trust in Allah and not in his own health or wealth, neither insurance policy nor market forces. While modern man shrieks over his material loss, a believer cries only regarding the hereafter. However hard work is inevitable for the results to happen. While Allah has made earth convenient to travel, man should walk over it. Only then he shall find Allah’s sustenance. But he should not lose himself all his life seeking the bread. He should remember that he would have to ‘return back to Allah’.
• In a hadith it comes that Last day will not comes until Allah brings down ‘khasf’ upon Arabian peninsula due to their misdeeds.
Narrated Aisha: Allah’s Apostle said, “An army will invade the Ka’ba and when the invaders reach Al-Baida’, all the ground will sink and swallow the whole army.” I said, “O Allah’s Apostle! How will they sink into the ground while amongst them will be their markets (the people who worked in business and not invaders) and the people not belonging to them?” The Prophet replied, “all of those people will sink but they will be resurrected and judged according to their intentions.”
Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) has said: “Verily there will be
in the Ummah, Khasf (people will be sunk in the ground), Maskh
(disfiguring in the outer form and shape) and Kazf (rains of stones will fall).”
A person asked: “O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)! When will
that be?” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) replied: “That will be
when dancing girls, playing musical instruments and the drinking of wine
will become common amongst you.” (Tirmidhi p.44/2)
• Allah who sends rain from the skies as a blessing is equally capable of sending stones to the earth. In fact such a condition would arise when the parents are ignored by their children, musical instruments and dancing girls increase, drinking liquor becomes widespread as mentioned in a hadith.